Completion of an AMA approved course curriculum in Radiologic Technology, either in a hospital or college based school of Radiologic Technology.
Must have passed the examination in the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and remain in good standing.
Prefer two years' experience in CAT scan.
BCLS required (annually).
Reports to the Managers or Director of Radiology.
AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED
Cares for patients in the age category(s) checked below:
Neonatal (birth-1 mo) Young adult (18 yr-25 yrs) Infant (1 mo-1 yr) Adult (26 yrs-54 yrs) Early childhood (1 yr-5 yrs) Sr. Adult (55 yrs-64 yrs) Late childhood (6 yrs-12 yrs) Geriatric (65 yrs & above) Adolescence (13 yrs-17 yrs) X All ages (birth & above) No direct clinical contact with patients
1. Supports the Mission, Vision and Values of Munson Healthcare.
2. Embraces and supports the Performance Improvement philosophy of Munson Healthcare.
3. Supports Munson Healthcare True North framework where patients are at the center of all we do.
4. Uses effective customer service/interpersonal skills at all times.
1. Acknowledges that safety is a self-responsibility. Knows the physical requirements of the job and work within those guidelines. Performs job duties safely at all times, utilizing learned body mechanics and transferring/lifting techniques. Plans actions to promote safety. Reports any unsafe situation/equipment according to Hospital procedure.
2. Maintains a positive and professional atmosphere for patient. Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact effectively with patients who may be under physical or emotional stress and gather and exchange patient information with nursing personnel and physicians.
3. Cooperates with all department and hospital personnel and Medical Staff in a positive and professional manner, maintaining ethical relationships. Maintains a positive and loyal attitude towards employer.
4. Must demonstrate supervisory and leadership qualities in order to triage patients and organize workload without direct supervision.
5. Must be exacting in recording the required patient information on department forms and CT images.
6. Must be able to act quickly and decisively in emergency situations and deviate from routine procedures when specific patient conditions require.
7. Is trained properly in starting IV's on patients, is familiar with department policy on use of existing IV's in patients and other injectable devices. Knowledge of Med Rad Injector protocols.
8. Maintains positive and professional atmosphere for patients. Shows respect to co-workers, physicians, patients, visitors, and others in performing job duties and follows customer service guidelines/commitment to coworker's principles.
9. Able to perform Quality, Diagnostic CT Scans: Knowledge of cross section anatomy, knowledge of CT scanner protocols. Knowledge of CT scanner functions: is able to properly select technical factors for efficiency performing scans.
10. Demonstrates proficiency and care in performing RadNet and PACS functions.
11. Will follow CT protocols set by Radiologists for each exam. Assists Radiologist in sterile procedures when necessary. Follows CT protocols; following CT Protocol book; following CT Protocol sheets; Reading/implementing CT Protocol changes.
12. Maintain neat, orderly, contamination free exam room. Work Ethic: Actively monitors work list/takes initiative to start exams, stocking/room prep.
13. Is able to "trouble shoot" for aiding maintenance and uses good judgment as to when services are needed.
14. May be able and willing to instruct "training technologists", students, and ancillary personnel on CT procedures.
15. Responsible for smooth flow of schedule, patient preparation, and quality control of CT scans. Cooperates with all other department personnel for smooth patient flow.
16. Actively promotes and effectively utilizes job related technology, process change and policy (PowerChart, GroupWise).
17. Maintains professional appearance by adhering to Dress Policy of the hospital and Radiology Department.
18. Adheres to prescribed standards for radiation safety.
19. Handles equipment in responsible, professional manner.
20. Adheres to patient confidentiality code.
21. Maintains up-to-date, current CPR certification and is compliant with CE credits per ARRT requirements.
22. May work off shifts, weekends and be responsible for on-call responsibilities.
23. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.