This Outpatient Pharmacy Technician supports the daily workflow of the pharmacy to ensure timely and appropriate distribution of drug therapy.
1. Assists with all phases of pharmacy services. Works with patients, providers, and insurance companies to obtain prior authorizations. Answers phones and notes from physicians in a timely manner. Accurately reads, interprets and enters prescriptions in a timely manner. Routes questionable prescriptions to the pharmacist for completion. Makes outbound calls / faxing the physicians for prescription clarification, substitutions and formulary changes as needed.
2. Prepares medication orders and delivers prescriptions according to established policies, procedures, and protocols. Accurately types, bills and prepares prescriptions to extent allowed by state and federal rules and regulations. Performs basic calculations to determine doses and correct day supplies to be billed to 3rd party insurance companies. Performs necessary calculations to accurately prepare a compounded prescription.
3. Evaluates and processes approval of prior authorization pharmacy requests from prescribers received by telephone and/or facsimile using client clinical criteria. Communicates pharmacist's guidance on appropriateness of medication to physicians, physician's office staff, and medical management staff. Researches, resolves and documents prior authorization outcomes in pharmacy system. Communicates selected prior authorization criteria, pharmacy benefit coverage and formulary alternatives to physicians, physician's office staff, medical management staff and/or pharmacists. Escalates requests to Pharmacist when request requires extensive clinical review or denial. Researches, resolves and documents physician or client inquiries and grievances and provides verbal or written results to client, prescriber, provider and/or management.
4. Handles cash, credit, and check transactions accurately. Reconciles cash drawers and prepares deposits.
5. Files prescriptions hardcopies, reports, and other pharmacy records. Provides information to associates regarding available pharmacy benefits and services. Completes inventory duties as scheduled, including outdates and overstock returns to wholesaler. Places orders for pharmacy inventory and supplies. Maintains cleanliness of pharmacy work areas and works to ensure a clutter-free work environment.
6. Participates in quality and patient safety initiatives. Identifies potential areas for improvement including processes that could be streamlined or revised to improve patient satisfaction. Identifies potential safety hazards that may create problems for patients and/or staff, and takes appropriate actions. Participates in departmental meetings, contributing ideas or feedback.
Requires a high school diploma. Highly prefer a candidate with 2 years of Pharmacy Technician experience & who holds a Pharmacy Technician-certificate (CPhT). Previous retail experience is preferred.
We reveal and foster God's healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Inspired by our faith,
•We will be distinguished as the premier person-centered health system and trusted partner.
•We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across all settin...gs and improve access, quality, health outcomes, and affordability.
•We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnerships with others who share our vision and values.
Caring Spirit - We honor the sacred dignity of each person.
Excellence - We set and surpass high standards.
Good Humor - We create joyful and welcoming environments.
Integrity - We do the right thing with openness and pride.
Safety - We deliver care that seeks to eliminate all harm for patients and associates.
Stewardship - We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.