PeaceHealth is seeking a Polysomnographic Technologist - Sleep Center for a 0.9 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Night shift with shift durations of 12 Hours .
Req ID: 148613
Works under the general supervision of the clinical director (M.D., D.O., or PhD) or designee to provide comprehensive evaluation and treatment of sleep disorders. This may involve polysomnography, diagnostic and therapeutic services or patient care and education. A Polysomnographic Technologist can perform the duties defined for a Polysomnographic Technician and may provide oversight of other staff.
1. Collects, analyzes and integrates patient information in order to identify and meet the patient specific needs (Physical/mental limitations, current emotional/physiological status regarding the testing procedure, pertinent medical/social history), and to determine final testing parameters/procedures in conjunction with the ordering physician or clinical director and laboratory protocols.
2. Respond to study participant's procedural-related inquires by providing appropriate information to testing procedure.
3. Document routine observations, including sleep stages and clinical events, changes in procedure, and other significant events in order to facilitate scoring and interpretation of polysomnographic results.
4. Administers bedtime, morning, and quality assurance questionnaires to aid in patient evaluation.
5. Performs equipment set up, calibration, and patient hookup in a timely and efficient manner and according to department procedures.
6. Oversees and performs difficult and unusual procedures and therapeutic interventions. Recognize sleep/wake stages and events by applying professionally accepted guidelines. Demonstrate the ability to analyze complex situations and apply policy.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Associates degree in related health sciences preferred.
Experience Polysomnographic Technologist – high level of sleep disorder work experience.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
RPSGT certification or CRT (Certified Respiratory Therapist) or
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Therapy (NBRT) and must obtain RPSGT certification within 24 months of date of hire
Experience in clinical interaction with patients, co-workers and medical staff which demonstrates the following skills:
Ability to maintain composure with multiple workloads and demands due to the patient's condition and difficult testing environment.
Extremely vigilant and detailed orientated.
Ability work alone and independently but able to maintain department protocols.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
Work requires fairly light physical exertion at least 66% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Job duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 75% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Physicians Building (157) Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift: Night Shift Length: 12 Hours FTE: 0.9 Work Type: Part Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 24.28 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Technician / Technologist || Part Time || SPECIALTY SVCS
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.