PeaceHealth is seeking a Physical Therapy Assistant - Home Health (Per Diem) for a per diem, Day shift position.
Req ID: 153350
This position is responsible for carrying out the physical therapy treatment plan under the direct supervision of a licensed physical therapist. Performs delegated procedures that are commensurate with education, training, experience, skill and appropriate to the age of the patient served.
1. Under the supervision of the physical therapist, provide skilled physical therapy services to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home care plan of treatment.
2. Perform therapy treatments as directed by the therapist in the initial plan of care or in subsequent/revised plans of care.
3. Maintain documentation and recordkeeping in accordance with regulatory and departmental standards.
4. Evaluates the patient/home environment as related to functional status and his/hers holistic health care needs, and in consultation with the physical therapist, makes referrals to other services, agencies and community resources as clinically indicated in collaboration with the inter/multi-disciplinary team and the primary physician.
5. Performs patient care services according to the home care/hospice plan of care/treatment to meet the patient's long and short-term health care/medical goals and the appropriate and timely clinical outcomes.
6. Coordinates care, collaborates and communicates with the physical therapist, as well as with other members of the inter/multidisciplinary team to assure an appropriate and smooth flow of care/services for the patient through the care continuum.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of a Physical Therapist Assistant associate degree program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education required.
Minimum of two years inpatient experience with rehab, orthopedics, neurology and/or geriatric patients is required.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life sates to meet each patient's needs
Current Physical Therapy Assistant license from the state in which caregiver will practice
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Valid driver's license (OR, WA, AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance may be required.
Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to work effective with a wide range of patients
Must be able to work independently and interdependently with minimum supervision.
Basic computer skills required.
FLORENCE PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.
Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Florence community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Florence , Home Health & Hospice (513) Job Category: Rehab Therapies Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 0.0 Work Type: Per Diem/Relief Hourly compensation starts at: $ 23.07 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Florence || Rehab Therapies || Physical Therapy || Per Diem/Relief || CARE CONTINUUM SVCS
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.