PeaceHealth is seeking a Radiology Tech Special Procedures - Cath Lab for a 1.0 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 10 Hours .
Req ID: 154245
Provides patient services to a wide range of patient ages from neonates to geriatric patients using imaging modalities; performs angiographic and cardiac catheterization procedures; applies principles of radiation protection; evaluates images for technical quality; exercises professional judgment in the performance of procedures; provides patient care essential to procedures; recognizes patient conditions immediate action and initiates life support measures; maintains knowledge current with developing requiring technology.
1. Conducts examinations for diagnostic interpretation, evaluates procedures, and makes recommendations for improvement. Integrates previous imaging studies, laboratory results, patient history and medical records to optimize exam. Evaluates patient information for potential risk factors
2. Initiates investigation of incidents when immediate action is required; otherwise refers for further evaluation to department leadership.
3. Provides patient services using imaging modalities; performs examinations, assists in procedures; applies principles of radiation protection; evaluates images for technical quality; recognizes patient conditions requiring immediate action and initiates life support measures; maintains knowledge of current/developing technology.
4. Administers ionizing radiation for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. Performs angiographic and cardiac catheterization procedures.
5. Administers contrast agents as required by specified procedures under the direction of a qualified physician.
6. Prepares supplies and equip exam room to meet the needs of requested examinations and to meet specific physician requirements for procedures.
7. Organizes daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
8. Perform most appropriate examination based on patient information through consultation with interpreting physician and/or ordering physician as necessary.
9. Provide patient education and instruction prior to and after examination. Provide training/education to staff & students as indicated.
10. Applies ALARA principle to ensure appropriate radiation safety for self, staff and patient. Evaluates patient for pregnancy prior to exam as indicated.
11. Perform surgical x-ray examinations utilizing appropriate radiation safety measures and adhering to AORN standards.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited school of radiologic technology required.
Experience and demonstrated ability to adapt exam to address problems of patient care as they arise making decisions to appropriately resolve problems.
Appropriate knowledge of radiologic principles, physics, anatomy, physiology, positioning and related medical terminology.
Minimum of one year prior experience preferred prior in general imaging field.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's need
Licensure/Certification/Registration to practice in trained modality as required by the State.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) must be obtained within a standard grace period from hire or transfer, as specified in the PeaceHealth Policy Resuscitation Training Completion Requirements, or upon hire.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong organizational and analytical skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and display flexibility in a fast paced and changing work environment.
Ability to work with basic office equipment such as telephones, photocopier, facsimiles, computers, etc.
RIVERBEND PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires moderate physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation.
Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Springfield , SHMC at Riverbend (420) Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift: Day Shift Length: 10 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 35.55 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Advanced Cardiac Life Support; American Registry of Radiologic Technologist; Basic Life Support; Oregon Board of Medical Imaging Registration
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Technician / Technologist || Full Time || DIAGNOSTIC SVCS
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.