The RN will assess, plan, implement and evaluate the total nursing care for a designated group of pediatrics to geriatric patients undergoing a variety of rehabilitative and disease processes. The RN works toward the improvement of care and quality of life for patients. Reports to : Clinically directed by Unit Manager, Charge Nurse, Supervisor. Administratively to Nurse Executive Provides Supervision to: Staff RN's when acting as charge nurse, LPN's and PCP's.
· Develops an ongoing comprehensive data base (Admission assessment) for each patient using patient, families and significant others and other health care workers as sources of information when appropriate.
· Monitors and recognizes obvious deviations from normal age appropriate level and recognizes subtle alterations in the patient's physiological and psychological status that may indicate potential or actual patient problems.
· Gives a thorough concise report at change of shift
· Assesses and facilitates patient / caregiver interaction and relationship
· Graduate of an Accredited Nursing School · Active RN license in the State of Illinois required · BLS CPR for Healthcare Providers AHA approved, Level C required · BSN Preferred · 1-2 years of experience within a hospital setting · Leadership ability · Good Interpersonal and communication skills · Ability to function independently within scope of clinical practice
Schwab Rehabilitation Hospital is a freestanding, not-for-profit, 102-licensed bed facility onChicago’s West and Southwest Side that offers comprehensive inpatient and outpatient programs foradults and children. Schwab is a proud member of Sinai Health System and the first fully licensed andaccredited rehabilitation hospital in the Midwest.Our therapists see patients through the entire continuum o...f care, from acute inpatient admissions atMount Sinai Hospital, to inpatient rehabilitation and outpatient therapy services at Schwab. We alsohave a hospital-based rehabilitation-focused short-term sub-acute unit at Schwab that provides boththerapy and nursing services with exceptional outcomes.Our rehabilitation team takes a holistic, interdisciplinary approach to address the physical, cognitiveand psychosocial needs of each patient. Each patient is assessed and provided with a personalized careplan tailored to help achieve maximal independence and function. Schwab offers seven treatmentgyms featuring private treatment rooms, a warm-water indoor therapy pool, and an award-winningtherapeutic roof top garden.