· Under the direction of Patient Accounts Management, this position provides leadership and expertise within the revenue cycle components as they inter-relate.
· The associate will be involved in many areas of the revenue cycle that may include but is not limited to submitting patient bills to the appropriate payers and performing efficient follow-up on open accounts in a timely and accurate manner, being a central contact for sending and receiving correspondence related to all payers audits, work with revenue cycle management to assist in developing and reinforcing effective revenue cycle practices within in the pre-registration, admitting/registration, health information management, billing and collections, and customer service.
· This position may also be responsible for up-front cash collections, negotiating payment plans, processing charity care, and training new associates.
· Knowledge of third party payer regulations and ability to collaborate with outside venders/collection agencies.
· High School Diploma, G.E.D required. Associate or Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance or Healthcare preferred.
· Prior billing experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
· After one year in this position learning and acquiring the knowledge and skills, the associate is eligible and would be expected to take and pass the Certified Patient Accounts Technician/Certified Clinic Accounts Technician exam
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other... awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.