PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Care Coordinator - Home Health (Per Diem) for a per diem, Day shift position.
Req ID: 155887
In collaboration with the manager, this position is responsible for facilitating the uninterrupted continuing medical care of the patient by efficiently and appropriately coordinating services and resources necessary for the care of patients in Home Health, Hospice or Home Infusion
1. Assist clinical staff with assessment of patient and facilitate communication with physicians and other members of the healthcare team to assure seamless quality patient care/services across the care continuum.
2. Assist staff with development of patient specific care plans including skilled and non-skilled orders, measurable and finite goals/outcomes/ and realistic/appropriate discharge plan. Facilitate inter/multidisciplinary and case conferences.
3. Coordinate clinical services and facilitate scheduling of patient care services/visits based on the assessed clinical needs of the patient. Participate and/or assist Staffing Coordinators as needed.
4. Provide required clinical documentation. Review clinical documentation for accuracy, regulatory compliance, and for purposes of insurance authorization to ensure appropriate reimbursement for services rendered.
5. As part of on-going discharge planning and care coordination, evaluate interventions and outcome of patient care by reviewing goals set in plan of care utilizing care plan and physician's order.
6. Makes co-visits with nurses to assure competency.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. BSN preferred.
A minimum of five years clinical experience and two years home health/hospice/home infusion experience required.
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
Current Registered Nurse license in the state in which nurse will be practicing required.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required at time of hire.
Valid driver's license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff.
Basic computer skills including MS Office applications and clinical applications
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network:
Job/position is in bargaining unit (ONA).
Certain positions that do not have direct clinical contact with the patient do not require BLS.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Eugene community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Eugene , Physician & Surgeons North Building (428) Job Category: Nursing Shift: Day Shift Length: 10 Hours FTE: 0.0 Work Type: Per Diem/Relief Hourly compensation starts at: $ 35.54 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Eugene || Nursing ||Clinic, Home Health, Hospice, Long-Term Care Nursing || Per Diem/Relief || CARE CONTINUUM SVCS
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.