PeaceHealth is seeking a RN - Nurse Team Lead - Surgical 3NT for a 0.8 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Evening shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 157159
Assures professional nursing care is provided for all patients in clinical nursing unit according to established standards and practices. The Team Lead is a team member in a leadership capacity under the direction of the department leadership. The Team Lead assists in coordinating unit activities which assure optimal patient care. The Team Lead supports and directs staff members in providing compassionate care and services to patients and families. Independent decision-making is expected in the execution of routine duties.
Responsible for coordinating the day-to-day functions for assigned area. Assists with ensuring that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met and service excellence provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert.
1. Assigns work; plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees staff schedules, monitors quality of work, monitors team projects, mentors staff, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides leadership feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the team.
2. Directs patient care activities on the unit for the shift by making/adjusting staff assignments that ensures optimal patient outcomes.
3. Supervises and assesses clinical practice. Directs and delegates other team members. Coordinates staffing for the next shift.
4. Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
5. Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to established standards.
6. Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
7. Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and professional development.
8. Participates in the development of and maintains established hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required, BSN is preferred.
One year of registered nursing required.
Relief team leader experience preferred
Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships and patient/family centered work environment
Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy and procedures
Demonstrated interest in staff development
Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient's needs.
Basic computer skills
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more. Work may involve exposure to hazardous medication and/or chemicals and sharp instruments.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Bellingham , St. Joseph Medical Center (216) Job Category: Nursing Shift: Evening Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 0.8 Work Type: Part Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 34.03 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Nursing || Medical/Surgical Nursing || Part Time || ROUTINE NURSING SVCS
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.