Clinic Manager - General Surgery, Thoracic, Vascular, Trauma
January 14, 2018
PeaceHealth is seeking a Clinic Manager - General Surgery, Thoracic, Vascular, Trauma for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 8 Hours .
Req ID: 157400
Responsible for: facilitating an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach in the delivery of care and programs; partnering with Physician(s) and operational leadership to provide effective and proactive management of clinic operations and/or clinical program; management of provider caregivers; ensuring exceptional services to patients; and for achieving annual operational and financial goals; may manage multiple sites, departments or services lines.
1. Partner with physicians and senior clinic leadership to lead clinic and/or program operations to ensure overall success of areas of responsibility. Engage staff, providers and leadership in developing and implementing action plans to meet annual operating goals that are in alignment with strategic plan and to resolve clinic and/or program issues in a timely manner.
2. Analyzes, organizes and manages clinical and non-clinical operations of assigned areas. This may include multiple sites/departments/service lines.
3. Full authority/oversight over daily operations and responsible for managing and overseeing the delivery of exceptional and compassionate care to all patients within area(s) of responsibility.
4. Overall accountability and oversight of assigned clinic(s)/area(s)/programs including: financial and operational performance; provider practice efficiency; service excellence; budget development and management; staffing; talent/performance management. Engages appropriate stakeholders in the review and dissemination of area financial and productivity performance.
5. Manage the selection, training, coaching, mentoring, development and evaluation of assigned staff. Full employment authority.
6. Provide first line response to physician and assigned staff issues (behavioral and clinical). Responsible for problem resolution in collaboration with lead physicians(s) and/or senior clinic leadership as necessary.
7. Support/influence strategic initiatives and manage programs in identified service lines. Provides solutions and strategic direction for addressing the business operational issues.
8. Involved with planning and implementation of new or acquired service and business ventures.
9. Leads process improvement initiatives. Analyzes situations, identifies problems, identifies and evaluates alternative courses of action and implements improvement plans through utilization of Quality Improvement (QI) and Process Improvement (PI) principles.
10. Demonstrates emphasis on inspiring caregivers and improving quality of staff, systems, and environment to insure high quality care and service.
11. Ensures that legal and regulatory standards, as well as clinic and/or program and department policies and procedures are implemented and monitored.
12. If clinic size does not support a Supervisor-Clinic Operations, responsibilities also include those listed in the job profile for the Supervisor – Clinic Operations.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in related field or a combination of education and experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job required.
Master's degree in business or healthcare management is preferred.
Minimum two years of progressively responsible leadership experience required.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required at date of hire.
Strong problem solving, decision making, team building, process improvement, leadership and time management skills required.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Proficient in the use of computers including MS Office applications
Strong financial management skills including analytical skill and familiarity with benchmarking financial and operational performance.
Embraces and promotes teamwork.
Knowledge of an experience with continuous improvement techniques and methodologies.
Demonstrated competence in developing business plans for new services and capital equipment.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires fairly light physical exertion from 34 to 65% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
Work requires frequent exposure to conditions involving minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments such as syringes or lancets. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , Physicians Building (157) Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift: Day Shift Length: 8 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 32.32 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Other - Allied || Full Time || SPECIALTY SVCS
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.