· Under direction of site management performs basic phlebotomy procedures including venipuncture and capillary collections; specialized procedures; EKGs; basic specimen processing and registration functions.
· Utilizing standard venipuncture techniques, appropriate blood specimens are collected by adhering to correct collection and transport protocol including positive patient identification.
· Perform basic blood collection procedures such as capillary collections, blood cultures, and glucose tolerance tests adhering to defined protocols.
· Perform EKG testing according to defined protocol if indicated.
· Perform non-blood specimen collections according to defined collection and transport protocols, including drug screen and breathe alcohol collections.
· Process patient specimens according to defined procedures.
· Follow all laboratory safety procedures to minimize the risk to self and others; reports gaps and escalates as necessary.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Successful completion of a phlebotomy training program preferred and/or less than 12 months of previous phlebotomy experience.
· Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required.
Internal Number: 103911
About Lakeland Health
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.