· Works under the direction and supervision of the RN or physician.
· Provides a broad variety of care for a group of patients which may include delegated components of the assessment and discharge process, basic patient education, components of the admission process, unit specific treatments/procedure and diagnostic modalities, activities of daily living, and dietary assistance.
· High school education or G.E.D required.
· Requires the ability to lift 75 pounds and frequently lift/carry 50 pounds as the position requires lots of physical activity.
· Previous experience in a hospital or patient care setting, successful completion of a nurse assistant training course or completion of the first semester of a clinical rotation in nursing is preferred.
· A minimum of three months prior nurse assistant or certified nurse assistant experience preferred.
· This position requires Lakeland's Nurse Assistant training that is 1-2 week in length, full time from 8am-5pm.
Internal Number: 103960
About Lakeland Health
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.