· Accurately schedules, preregisters/registers, checks in and checks out patients for a Lakeland Health physician practice.
· Responsible for gathering all necessary demographic and insurance information, verifies, confirms insurance benefits and may assist with precertification requirements needed to allow Lakeland Health to provide prompt, courteous service and to be reimbursed appropriately for patient visits and services.
· High school graduate or GED required. Additional college, business or computer courses preferred.
· Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support required.
· One to two years of customer service experience is preferred.
· Prefer previous experience in a physician office setting as a receptionist.
· Some experience working in a healthcare setting required.
· Must have experience using computers and telephone systems in a work setting.
· Must demonstrate consistent positive customer service skills, such as smiling and using a customer friendly tone of voice with customer.
· Must have good interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate effectively with physicians, nursing personnel, others within Lakeland HealthCare, patients, and a diverse group of persons outside of the facility seeking information.
· Must demonstrate the ability to treat others with compassion and respect.
· Must be able to exercise independent judgment and take initiative in order to resolve issues on a timely basis.
· Must be flexible and adapt easily to constant changes. Bilingual communication preferred.
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, sometimes on short notice.
Internal Number: 104077
About Lakeland Health
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.