· Assess, treat and administer respiratory care to patients.
· Collects data relevant to pulmonary patient care and initiates appropriate respiratory care protocols.
· Actively participates in planning and implementation of patient and staff education. Maintains patient records.
· Select, clean, assemble, check and operate respiratory equipment.
· Must be a Certified and/or Registered Respiratory Therapist
· BLS certified.
· Must possess current license to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
· Preferably one year of experience as a CRT or RRT.
· Must demonstrate a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all patient care members (associates), patients, physicians, patient families, and visitors.
· Inspires confidence from patients, co-workers, and visitors by consistently performing and communicating in a highly professional manner.
· Must be able to stand 70% of a shift, walk 20% and sit 10%. This includes climbing stairs.
· Must be able to lift and/or carry 0-60 lbs. including respiratory equipment and patients.
· Be able to reach overhead and bend while performing work duties.
**Other organizations may call this position, Respiratory Care Practitioner, Respiratory Therapist
Internal Number: 103995
About Lakeland Health
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.