· Under direction of the supervisor, manager, or technical specialist performs the following support functions of the laboratory in phlebotomy, EKG and specimen processing.
· The phlebotomist is expected to comply with the Lakeland Traits; the corporate and laboratory compliance plans; laboratory policies and procedures.
· Register and check in patients for the lab, EKG or x-ray tests as ordered per providers.
· Utilizing standard venipuncture techniques, appropriate blood specimens are collected and integrity maintained by correct collection protocol.
· Perform specialized collection tests such as blood cultures, forensic urine drug screens, breath alcohols and MRO paperwork adhering to defined protocol with no deviations.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Minimum of 6 months experience and/or successful completion of a phlebotomy training program preferred.
· Current American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support. Current Drug Collection Screening Certification (or become certified within 6 months of hire/transfer date) as required per clinic.
· Basic computer, data entry, typing, filing and organization skills required.
· Working knowledge of personal computers, printers and software (EPIC, Word, Excel, MCIR, etc.) and other equipment commonly found in a medical office.
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to, evenings, weekends, extended shifts and/or extra shifts, various locations, sometimes on short notice.
Internal Number: 102331
About Lakeland Health
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.