· Performs various related tasks to maintain the hospital and all assigned areas in a clean, sanitary and aesthetically pleasing condition.
· Performs all hard floor maintenance functions such as dust and damp mopping, vacuuming and/or spot cleaning of carpets/rugs and upholstered furniture, etc.
· Operates related, required Environmental Services equipment such as buffers, floor scrubbers, auto scrubbers, large vacuums, wet/dry vacuums, etc.
· Cleans, disinfects, and deodorizes lavatories, urinals, commodes, sinks, mirrors, and water fountains.
· High School diploma or G.E.D. preferred. Ability to read at an 8 th grade level and perform mathematical computations at a 6 th grade level, as documented by successfully passing a math and reading test.
· Basic computer skills.
· Minimum of 6 months customer service experience preferred.
· Demonstrates good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all patient care members, patients, physicians, patient families, and visitors.
· Must have physical dexterity to perform wet mopping, dust mopping, cleaning and making beds, polishing, etc.
· Lifts and carries cleaning supplies, equipment, trash, linen, etc.
· Ability to stand walks, stoop, crouch, bend, turn, reach, push, pull and carry equipment and furnishings.
· Must be physically capable of moving heavy furniture in special instances up to 500 pounds, with the proper equipment (e.g., loaded files, desks, tables, etc.)
Internal Number: 103288
About Lakeland Health
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.