· Provides direct psychosocial counseling and support to patients and families, keeping within the spiritual/religious/cultural frame of reference for each individual.
· Through a collaborative process, assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors and evaluates the strategies and services required to meet a patient/family's end-of-life psychosocial needs.
· Makes referrals to social agencies, aids in the referral process and provides patient care under the direction of the physician's orders.
· Demonstrates personal accountability for own continuous growth and development. Seeks out appropriate opportunities to enhance competency and improve performance.
· Master's Degree in Social Work required.
· Must be licensed in the State of Michigan.
· One year social work experience in a health related field.
· Hospice experience preferred.
· Demonstrates an ability to establish a high level of rapport with patients/families, placing them at ease across a range of cultures, ethnicities, spiritual, environmental, physical and emotional backgrounds.
· Valid Driver's License required.
· Strongly encourage CPR certification.
Internal Number: 103478
About Lakeland Health
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.