PeaceHealth is seeking a Centralized Scheduling Coordinator (Part Time) - Scheduling Northwest for a 0.5 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of Variable .
Req ID: 166249
1. Serves as central point of communication for community referring physicians and offices, system patient services, and caregivers to secure resources necessary for patient care. Interfaces and/or works directly with nursing units, technologists, physicians, community offices and other medical facilities to coordinate cases and appointments.
2. Receives incoming phone calls related to all aspects of scheduling and coordination of patients and resources. Supports patients, caregivers, families and authorized organizations in understanding the course of pre-procedure and exam testing.
3. Assures all changes to the block and schedule are in accordance with policies and alerts appropriate leadership when out of compliance. Promotes adherence to leadership and board agreements in scheduling practices.
4. Collects and evaluates patient demographic, insurance, clinical and non-clinical information.
5. Analyzes clinical information and/or patient medical history to determine conflicts regarding scheduling surgeries, procedures and exams that would require consultation and resolution.
6. Analyses algorithm assigned to each department, modality and facility to identify how to best coordinate services. Assists in the update of guidelines and policies.
7. Coordinates and schedules third party resources, equipment, caregivers and providers while maximizing efficiencies and contributing to positive patient and caregiver experiences.
8. Maintains template, block and schedule for multiple hospitals and outpatient departments and resources.
9. Identifies inaccuracies and missing data that would affect departments' financial results; monitors cancellation and rescheduling of cases and appointments to manage schedules, equipment and blocks; identifies potential resource conflicts and works with leadership to resolve.
10. Ensures cases and appointments have prior authorization; may coordinate with PFS to inform patient of financial responsibility and prior authorization.
11. Creates and runs reports by department and modality to audit performance. Audits and arranges cases and appointments to ensure maximum efficiency of physicians and caregivers.
12. Obtains required paper work and/or electronic form for chart completion; ensures orders, history and physical, and consents are compliant.
13. Performs other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS Required unless otherwise stated
Associates degree required; or equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a combination of education, training and experience.
CNA or MA preferred
Completion of basic anatomy/physiology class related to exams, especially surgical pre and post-operative diagnosis and interventional procedures preferred.
Minimum of two years experience in a hospital or healthcare setting required.
Experience with scheduling is preferred.
Experience with Electronic Medical Records system required.
Experience in scheduling multiple healthcare departments and/or facilities preferred.
Experience with compliance and legal documentation of orders, history and physical and consents preferred.
Clinical experience preferred.
Knowledgeable of surgeries, procedures and exams performed in a hospital or an outpatient setting preferred.
Medical terminology knowledge preferred.
If CNA or MA, certification from appropriate state required.
Must have the ability to work efficiently and responsibility in an environment with multiple demands, interruptions and time frames, with minimal supervision.
Excellent customer service and clear and concise telephone skills required.
Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills that demonstrate positive outcomes.
Knowledge of Outlook and other Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.) applications.
Proficient keyboarding and computer skills.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Bellingham community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Bellingham , St. Joseph Medical Center (216) Job Category: Business, Administrative & Facilities Shift: Day Shift Length: Variable FTE: 0.5 Work Type: Part Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 16.59 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Bellingham || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Clerical || Part Time || HOSPITAL ADMIN
Internal Number: 166249
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.