Under supervision of the Practice Manager, the Patient Registration Coordinator is accountable for the patient's first impression of the organization by making patients feel safe, cared for and respected with an emphasis on customer service. They are responsible for the complete patient registration process.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital's core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
· Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient experience
· Answers telephone, responds to patient questions/concerns to ensure prompt accurate resolution is achieved and is able to handle various job tasks simultaneously
· Demonstrates age-specific communication skills for patients with the ability to assess and interpret relevant data
· Communicates with the patient or their guarantor to obtain demographic, employment, insurance and current medical condition information in order to perform accurate registration
· Obtains client information for worker's comp and corporate accounts, and verifies authorization and service(s) requested
· Verifies insurance eligibility and determines accurate up-front collection amount
· Prepares, processes, and files the medical record for each patient as required by patient type for documentation by physician and medical personnel
· Verifies diagnosis and procedural codes are entered into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
· Participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives
Internal Number: 279733
About AdventHealth Greater Orlando
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.