This Clinical Pharmacist position will support the Primary Care practices on the ChristianaCare Wilmington Campus with a focus on rising risk patients in our value based payment programs.
- Evaluate drug efficacy, document drug use patterns, monitor therapeutic goals and outcomes, review for contraindications/precautions, drug -drug, drug-food, drug-laboratory, and drug-disease state potentials as well as provide verbal and written consultations concerning drug therapy as requested.
- Evaluate appropriate laboratory tests necessary to monitor and support the patient's drug therapy as well as document recommendations, interventions, and services rendered as appropriate.
- Report, record, assess, and evaluate adverse drug reactions.
- Provide accurate, timely, and cost-effective drug information to medical, pharmacy, nursing, and other healthcare professionals.
- Support and assist interdepartmental initiatives
- Provide educational sessions or materials to patient groups or healthcare professionals as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. degree
- Post graduate residency training required; Ambulatory Care Residency preferred
- Board certification preferred
- Current/eligible for licensure in the state of Delaware
We offer outstanding career opportunities in an environment focused on excellence with remarkable resources, advanced technology, unsurpassed teamwork, and phenomenal benefits.
Internal Number: JR51182
About Christiana Care Health System
Christiana Care Health System is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital admissions. Christiana Care is proudly a Nurse Magnet recognized institution. Christiana Care Health System is also one of the largest health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region, serving all of Delaware and portions of seven counties bordering the state in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. A not-for-profit, non-sectarian health system, Christiana Care includes two hospitals with more than 1,100 patient beds, and is a major teaching hospital with two campuses. Christiana Care is continually recognized for excellence on a regional and national level. Our role in the community is expressed in the Christiana Care Way: "We serve our neighbors as respectful, expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value."Christiana Care is a great place to work because we value diversity and recognize it to be a core part of our success. Because of the diversity of our employees, affiliated health professionals and volunteers, we are... positioned to meet the unique needs of our patients and community. We acknowledge and celebrate the uniqueness and talent of each employee. Because of our talented workforce we are able to provide a quality healthcare experience to our patients and community. We strive to create an inclusive environment in which individual diversity can be leveraged and thrive. Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.