- Coordinates payroll processing as assigned. Monitors compliance of field personnel with required deadlines, compliance with company policies, submission of complete paperwork, and appropriate approvals for paperwork and sign-offs.
- Works with field personnel to resolve problems, answer questions, and advise on regulatory issues. Communicates in a manner that is service excellence focused.
- Balances earnings to timefiles, reviews and researches audit messages, and balances to final payroll journal.
- Maintains knowledge of company payroll/HR policies and procedures, administration guidelines, and related regulatory issues for federal, state, and local governments.
- Knowledge of payroll administration, taxes, regulations, and payroll systems.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and relevant payroll software (SAP, UKG, Kronos Dimensions)
- Skilled in performing work requiring attention to detail.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and strong time management skills.
- Focus on service excellence.
- A team player with good communication skills.
- Self-motivated to ask questions and learn new processes.
Skills & Abilities:
Business Mathematical Skills -- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
Moderate Computers Skills -- Frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. Ability to create, maintain and incorporate simple functions into documents, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations to support business objectives.
Moderate Communication -- Regularly uses moderately complex oral and written skills. May train others in functional areas, interact with others and make presentations to department or middle management.
Department Specific Impact -- Decisions impact the management and operations within a department. May contribute to business and operational decisions that affect the department.
Varied Business Problems -- Problems are varied and complex, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents and practices.
Moderate Independent Judgement -- Results are defined; sets personal own goals and determines how to achieve results with few or no guidelines to follow; supervisor/manager provides broad guidance and overall direction.
Moderate -- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously with moderate complexity.
Physical & Mental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment & Travel Requirements:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
In hospital environment, may be exposed to hazards and unusual elements, which may include but are not limited to bloodborne pathogens and / or contagious illnesses, toxic chemicals, and biohazardous materials which may require extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air
Competitive pay and benefits including 401k, paid time off, employee illness benefit (EIB), medical, dental, vision.
Lifepoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.