Location: Danville, Virginia
Sovah Health-Danville, a Lifepoint Health Hospital in Danville, Virginia (on the NC border, NW of Durham) is growing with the addition of two employed, full-time BC/BE Internal Medicine Faculty providers to strengthen our established program. Those who are currently practicing or are currently in training can be considered.
- Experience preferred but not required; passion for teaching is a must
- Estimated breakdown: 50% with residents in clinic, 25% without residents in clinic, 25% administrative time
- Anticipate scholarly activity I.E. lectures
- Must be comfortable with in office procedures
Recruitment Package may include:
- Base salary + wRVU production incentive
- CME allowance
- Sign-on bonus
- Medical debt assistance
- Navigate Student Loans consultative fees waived
- Relocation allowance
- Residency stipend
- Paid malpractice coverage
- Health benefits + Retirement plan
- Marketing + practice growth assistance
Sovah Health-Danville is a 250-bed community hospital with the region's only designated Chest Pain Center and Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center. Also accredited by American College of Cardiology (ACC) Accreditation Services for Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure, accredited by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer, and is a member of the Duke Heart Network and Duke Telestroke Network. The second largest employer in the City of Danville, the facility has served the community and region for more than 120 years. Since 2010 both medical students and physician residents have trained onsite through programs accredited by the AOA and ACGME.
Sitting majestically on the banks of the Dan River in the heart of southern Virginia, Danville exceeds expectations with a wide variety of activities ranging from outdoor festivals and events. Danville has been recognized as a Playful City; a national recognition program that honors cities and towns across the nation who put their children's well-being first.
1hr to both Greensboro and Durham, NC
1.5hr to Roanoke
- J-1 waiver support via State Conrad 30, ARC, DRA, HHS based on location and specialty