Location: Ardsley, New York
A Medical Assistant provides care to patients of all ages, within their scope ofexperience and training in the inpatient, clinic, physician office, outpatient and/or other facility settings. They must administer care using good judgment, methods, and skills under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Physician.
- Observes, monitors, and records physiological measurements.
- Provides treatment to patients per organizational protocols.
- Assists providers with patient examinations, therapeutic measures, and procedures.
- Identifying and providing for physical, emotional, and developmental patient needs.
- Notifying the appropriate provider promptly of unusual reactions and changes in conditions.
- Safeguarding and inventorying equipment and supplies.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Following Universal Precautions and Infection Control Procedures.
- Ability to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency situations.
- May be required to perform a variety of administrative duties including, but not limited to: answering phones; scheduling appointments; faxing and filing of confidential documents; and basic Internet and email utilization.
- Participate in performance improvement activities, staff trainings, weekly team huddles.
- Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
- Respects patients by recognizing their rights; maintaining confidentiality.
- Utilizes technology, including specialized software as applicable, to maximize productivity.
- Develops and maintains electronic files as necessary.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills; provides customer service; assists other support staff as necessary; collaborates with all levels of internal leadership, management, and staff as well as outside clients, vendors, and other external parties.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing. professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of one (1) year of medical assistant experience preferred.
Graduate degree from an accredited medical assistant program preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point).Special Requirements: Travel to all ENT locations will be required as needed.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC