Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
Environmental Srvcs MCJCHV 50
Performs general cleaning tasks within and outside of the Medical Center. May remove solid and/or biohazard trash. Knowledgeable of chemicals, procedures, and equipment used in completing assigned tasks.
* Cleaning and Maintenance
* Cleans assigned area according to established procedures
* Uses chemicals and supplies appropriately and correctly
* Reports light outages and other maintenance needs to supervisor
* Equipment Operation
* Uses buckets, wringers, and other non-electrical equipment correctly
* Cleans and maintains equipment daily to ensure correct and proper operation
* Customer Service
* Collects soiled linen and pillows in public waiting areas
* Greets visitors cheerfully and offers assistance as needed
* Interfaces with other staff in a friendly, professional manner
Our supporting roles are the core of all we do at Vanderbilt Health, helping us personalize the patient experience through our caring spirit and distinctive capabilities. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at VUMC for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose.
We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce as we place a priority on designing with and for our patients and families.
* Organizational Impact: Performs clearly defines tasks and methods described in detail to achieve standardized solutions that impact own performance with regular guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Follows a well established process to solve routine problems where solutions are clearly prescribed. * Breadth of Knowledge: Has basic job knowledge of systems and procedures that are common to own job. * Team Interaction: Individually contributes to the team.
Core Capabilities :
Delivering Excellent Services : Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service. Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality : Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond. Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively: Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation :Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.- Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.