Location: Nashville, Tennessee
MCJCHV Patient Srvs Nutrition
Prepares, assembles and delivers to patient their meals, nourishments and supplements. Maintains food quality and safe work environment.
* Prepares and assembles food, special meals, baby formulas and tube feedings.
* Delivers and retrieves patient meals, delivers nourishment and supplements.
* Maintains food safety and a safe work environment.
* Participates as a team member of division/department.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Customer Service (Novice): Demonstrates the ability to influence customers. Knows how to verify and clarify the needs and expectations of customers. Responds quickly and efficiently to customer service requests. Participates in and conducts meetings with customers. Keeps customers informed of status via standard reporting techniques. Meets the continuing service needs of a customer group, including requests for changes in work content. Responds to customers with an appropriate level of urgency, energy, persistence and tenacity.
* Hosting & Reception (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate hosting and reception in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
* FDA/USDA Regulations (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate FDA and or USDA regulations in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
* Food Production (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate food production in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
Our supporting roles are the core of all we do at Vanderbilt Health, helping us personalize the patient experience through our caring spirit and distinctive capabilities. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at VUMC for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose.
We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce as we place a priority on designing with and for our patients and families.
* Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team's performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: - Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : - Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. - Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. - Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Relevant Work Experience
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.