Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Mental Health/Social Services
Providers comprehensive social work to the patients and families seen by the Endocrine team at Nemours Children's Hospital, Delaware. This position is dedicated the meeting the complex needs of children who have diabetes and other endocrine disorders, both on the inpatient hospital units and in outpatient clinic. Works collaboratively with medical team members to address social determinants of health barriers, provide psychosocial support, and address complex discharge barriersfaced by families of children with these complex disorders. Provide services in accordance with the policies, procedures and guidelines established within the department, organization and regulatory bodies.
- Conduct complex assessments of the patient/family's biopsychosocial situation, establishing goals and periodically re-assessing for further needs.
- Provide crisis intervention services when indicated for the management of domestic violence, psychiatric emergency case, child maltreatment and family disputes.
- Provide therapeutic, goal-directed counseling. Exhibit the necessary clinical skills to provide problem-focused intervention.
- Interface with insurance providers, case managers and other involved in the authorization of needed patient services. Identifies and negotiates differing needs within the family system.
- Coordinate discharge planning needs of patients and their families in an efficient, effective and timely manner while including the family in the process.
- Document social work notes in the patient medical record within the guidelines of department policy.
- Keep appraised of community resources and provide resource-specific information to address the assessed needs.
- Maintain a professional manner at all times with staff and family.
- Master's Degree in Social Work from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- State LMSW/LCSW licensure in the state of Delaware is required.
- 6+ months experience