Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System is seeking an Occupational Therapist to join our Acute Care team at our hospital in Boise.
As the only Idaho-based, not-for-profit, community-owned and community-led health system, St. Luke's is dedicated to our mission to improve the health of people in the communities we serve. St. Luke's has long been a leader in quality care and a vital partner in addressing community health needs.
At 430 beds and St. Luke's flagship hospital, St. Luke's Boise provides an amazing opportunity for Occupational Therapists to treat a varied caseload of patients in an environment that values professional growth, supports specialization, and celebrates outstanding, quality care.
- Perform initial and ongoing comprehensive evaluation including, but not limited to, collecting subjective and objective data, analysis of data, and creation of treatment plan.
- Administers interventions consistent with treatment plan based on evidence based best practice, provider protocol and governing standards.
- Follows policies and procedures in accordance with all regulatory agency requirements.
- Document care based on standards of practice, patient acuity and/or clinical priorities.
- Maintain professional relationships and convey relevant information to other members of the healthcare team within facility and any applicable referral agencies.
- Maintain patient confidence and protects organization operations by keeping information confidential.
- Independently manages the care of patients with conditions common to the unit/area of assignment. Exercises initiative and independent judgment. Manages caseload and maintains productivity standards for unit consistently.
- Serve as clinical mentor, as appropriate.
- Direct the work of aides and assistants, as appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities for program improvement and seeks appropriate guidance for implementing change.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid license to practice occupational therapy in state of Idaho. Current CPR certification.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.